Friday, January 26, 2018

Awarded $9,000 Adoption Grant!

I have super exciting news to share with you all!!  This week, I was notified that I am the recipient of a $9,000 adoption grant from Brittany’s Hope Foundation!!
I have to raise half ($4500) via donors, fundraisers, and then I will be awarded the $9000 that will go to my adoption agency for my adoption fees!!!  
I am and will be continuing my fundraisers (ie, selling chocolate covered strawberries, red velvet cookies, t-shirts, Valentine’s weekend babysitting, and many more that I am working on).  Or, my gofundme page is always open for any donations.  Any amount that raise will go towards this grant.  You can donate any amount (big or small) or “pay” for your items that I sell using this link:https://www.brittanyshope.org/seedling/benton/

You maybe wondering, “How much is this adoption, anyways?!”  Good question!  International adoptions are VERY costly.  It will be about $30,000 out of my own pocket BEFORE I even travel and meet my son! (No, there is no government assistance or anything like that.  It’s all on my own, from my own pocket book.)  Yes, I said $30,000!  Hence, why you see me doing fundraisers ALL the time, to get to my goal, so I CAN bring him home.  I cannot do this without you all!!  
So, as you can imagine, this grant is VERY beneficial to me and my family!  This grant still won't cover the entire costs, so even after I reach my $4500 goal, I will still continue to do fundraisers.  

When I adopted Ashelynn, I applied for MANY grants, and was denied on all of them because I was a “single adopter” and not “married.”  I’m so blessed to actually be awarded one!! And, for this big of grant!! <3 

I have raised about $8,000 so far!!! So, THANK YOU whom have donated already!! 

Be on the look out for my fundraiser!  Right now, I’m currently, selling my last order of t-shirts and hoodies ($25 or $35), chocolate covered strawberries and red velvet cookies (see my previous posts for details), and my newest one, I’ll be posting about later today - Blaze Pizza is giving me 20% of their sales on Feb 4, 11:30-4:00 (Superbowl Sunday!) at their location on Memorial in OKC.  Which, all of these will be applied to the Brittany’s Hope Foundation grant.  


Thanks so much for all your support!!  I’m hoping to have my funds and travel to China to get my son this summer (or sooner!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOTS of updates!

I got many exciting updates to share regarding my adoption journey for my new son in China!!  I know I’ve been a bit quiet on the process, b...