Thursday, November 30, 2017

What's in a Name

I think I have finally decided on an English name for my son!!
Naming my kids is a bit difficult for me doing it all alone.  So, I'm glad I have finally settled on one for him!

He shall be called Aaron William.  And, he will have his Chinese first name and my last name.

The story behind my kids' names:

Cade James - Cade was just a name we both liked at the time, before it became widely used.  James is my dad's first name, and my great-great uncle's name, and a family name on both sides.  James is also a Biblical name, Jesus' brother.

Ashelynn Hope Yue - Ashelynn is actually named after my late grandpa Karber.  His name was Leonard, but a lot of people called him Lynn.  So the "lynn" in Ashelynn's name is actually my grandpa's name, hence why it is spelled that way.  They also share the same birthday, October 27.  Hope is a Biblical name, and she told me she always "hoped" to have a forever family (being adopted at age almost 8).  Yue is her Chinese first name - the name she went by for almost 8 years.  I never want to take away her heritage.

Aaron William - Aaron was a name that I couldn't get out of my mind and fell in love with when I started his adoption process.  Aaron is a Biblical name, Moses' brother.  William is my late grandpa  Benton's first name.  He went by Bill, or W.H., which stands for William Harvard.   He will also take on his Chinese given name and my last name.

So all three of my kids have a family name (my dad's and grandpa names), Biblical name, and their Chinese names.  Yes, I did this all on purpose, and it was a bit difficult on deciding.

I can't wait till I have Cade, Ashelynn, and Aaron all together with me!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LOTS of updates!

I got many exciting updates to share regarding my adoption journey for my new son in China!!  I know I’ve been a bit quiet on the process, b...